8 tips for your maternity photo session
First things first: if you’re pregnant, congratulations! Wonderful life is growing within you and that in itself is a miracle, we truly are immensely happy for you! We believe maternity photos are a must, you look radiant (even if you don’t feel like you do) and we want to capture the beauty of this time in your life.
We know you’re already read tons of pregnancy related articles and googled the safety of all the things that come in contact with you, so instead of making you read another never ending article we’ll make this one short and sweet.
Without further ado here are our tips to make the best of your maternity session.
- Wear something you’re comfortable with, the last thing you want is some itchy fabric or heels that hurt your feet and ultimately affect your expression.
- Don’t wait till last minute! Its best to do your session no later than a month before your due date, this way your baby bump is very visible but you still have plenty of energy.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. Pregnancy hormones don’t always work to our advantage, skin break outs and other small annoyances can happen, but don’t worry, we don’t like to rely on it for everything but post editing can help fix these small imperfections.
- Flowing dresses and long skirts are timeless pieces of clothing that you will be happy to look back even after many years have passed. Choose lighter colors and wear natural make up.
- Choose a beautiful location. A peaceful park or a quiet spot of the beach are going to work in your advantage, allowing you to relax and shine. We’d be happy to recommend a few if you are unsure.
- Home can be a great location too, and hey it doesn’t get any easier for you! The best spots are near windows and other well illuminated areas.
- Include the family. Dad to be obviously wants to be in the picture but also the grandparents to be might be thrilled if you invite them to the session. And don’t forget your pooch, they’re part of the family too
- Personalize it! Adding a little touch of you can only make your photo session more unique and special.
Don’t forget to have fun! Let the love of your unborn baby reflect and you’ll have gorgeous emotive images to remember this precious time by.
Stay happy and healthy!
For a complimentary planning consultation please call us at 305 469 6510. See you soon!